I made this salad last night to use up the last of the greens I had in the fridge, and it came out great! The tofu was especially yummy, and I can see using it with the same marinade in stir-fry or even as a main dish! Baking tofu has really been a revelation for me, it’s so easy and it makes it wonderfully chewy and just a little crisp on the outside. You don’t even have to press it first! You could use the marinade on chicken (or soy chicken) as well if you wanted to.
Asian Green Salad with Five-Spice Tofu and Mandarin Oranges serves 2, easily doubled to serve 4
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 c Organic Mixed Salad Greens
- 1/2 of a small Vidalia sweet onion
- 1/2 of a large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 peeled and sliced or sectioned mandarin oranges or clementines, or one small can of mandarin oranges
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 8 oz five-spice baked tofu
- Sesame-Orange Dressing
Mix the first five ingredients in a large salad bowl. Top with warm tofu and dressing!